Dear Members and Friends,
Each Sunday during the morning worship, Church of the Covenant receives an offering from members and attenders who are fulfilling pledges or gifts. These offerings are used to support the church's budgeted expenditures, including over $40,000 to the regular projects of charitable organizations around Arlington County and around the world.
Once a month when Communion is served, a special offering is collected to supplement unanticipated events and special needs during the year, such as for disasters at home and abroad. On some occasions--such as an international event or large need--there are additional appeals. 100% of these special offerings go directly to the supported efforts.
During special times of the year--such as Advent and Lent--Church of the Covenant receives special offerings dedicated to national and international missions. The church participates in "One Great Hour of Sharing" which is an ecumenical offering from many different churches.
Covenant is grateful for the generosity of its many friends and members. We are "A Little Church with a Big Mission". If you would like to give, please give online or write a check made out to Church of the Covenant and mail it to 2666 Military Road, Arlington, VA 22207.
** Instructions for Online Giving:
- The Give Now button brings you to the General Fund, which supports our staff and the use of the physical building as the meeting place for Christian worship, fellowship, Bible study and other Christian education, as well as, the Backyard, our weekly after school program for elementary students. The fund supports our charitable work in Arlington and abroad, and our building provides space for several community organizations such as Overlee Preschool, Arlington Neighborhood Village, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts and many other groups.
- If you would like to make a donation to a specific program or event, write the name of the program or event you wish to support in the “Notes” section.
For example, if you are making a contribution:
- For a specific project: write the name. (i.e. Souper Bowl Sunday, One Great Hour of Sharing, Easter Lilies, Christmas Joy Offering, Poinsettias)
- For a communion offering: write communion
- For flowers on the communion table: write altar flowers
- In memory or in honor of someone: write memorial funds, the person’s name
- Toward your pledge: write pledge
- Note there is a 2% service charge. Please consider adding this amount to your contribution so that Covenant will receive the full amount of the donation made. You will receive a contribution acknowledgment for this additional amount.